1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"It was amazing because there were moments with the gorilla, the way he held that child, it was almost like a mother holding a baby. Looked so beautiful and calm and there were moments where it looked pretty dangerous," Trump went on to say. "I don't think they had a choice. I mean, probably they didn't have a choice. You have a child, a young child who is at stake, and, you know, it's too bad there wasn't another way. I thought it was so beautiful to watch that, you know, powerful, almost 500-pound gorilla, the way he dealt with that little boy, but it just takes one second. It's one second. It's not like it takes place over, well, he's going to do it in 30 seconds from now. It just takes one little flick of his finger, and I will tell you they probably had no choice."

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's actually a pretty sane response.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Infowars would be more entertaining to read than trying to find Trunp quotes on Slate and Salon to copy-and-paste.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's not the quote, it's that A) he was asked about it and/or B) that the GOP's nominee for the White House actually went into more depth and analysis of that than some actual policy issues.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't really have an issue with that. I don't want to be like the wingnuts who are like, "Why is Barack Hussein Obama talking about the NCAA Tournament!!!!ELEVENTY He has a job to do!!!111"

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I think they have the same barber, so duh ...

HC likes this.
  8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I honestly wish Trump would be asked about everything. Every answer is a weird window into his soul. I mean, a lot of politicians would be like "I'm not all that up to date on what happened with the gorilla, so I don't want to comment right now" but Trump had like a whole thing he went into there about how beautiful it was! And scary! Yet, also, again, beautiful. He will literally talk about anything. I demand he answer questions about Beyonce's Lemonade, which I feel Hillary ducked. I demand to know what he thinks about Russell Westbrook. I want to know if he thinks Hamilton lives up to the hype. Who he thinks should win the Bachelor. How he feels about Zlatan Ibrahimovic leaving PSG. Does he think Bill Cosby raped those women. Should SB Nation bring back its Longform section after the Holtzclaw review. I feel like he'd have an answer for all of it.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He was caught off guard by the question and didn't have time to think up a suitably asinine response.

I'd figure he would try to somehow conflate the idea of a dangerous ape with Barack Obama.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

When will a disorder presenting as a sexual infatuation based om hating Trump be added to the DSM?

Batman, Mr. Sunshine and doctorquant like this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

No, that's your corner.

old_tony likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YankeeFan and cranberry like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.