1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Key, Apr 23, 2016.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He has pretty much the same lack of presence in the books. Shows up at the feast early, tells Jon how great the NW is, disappears before Jon gets there, presumed dead. But people reference him just often enough to fuel theories about him.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think they are setting us up to have some hope that all the Starks and Dany and Tyrion and all the people we root for will eventually come together and save the world.

But maybe it's all going to circle back to another War of Five (or so) Kings (or Queens). Arya meets back up with Gendry and backs his claim while Sansa wants the crown for herself. Dany is threatened by John Snow being a Targaryen (or doesn't believe it) rather than welcoming him back to family.

I think we end essentially back where we started.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

So if he goes South who would the Northern houses see as the true Stark heir to winterfell, him or Jon? If he were known alive when Robb died it would've been his, yeah?

Presume he's only interested in fighting the dead and perhaps never meets Sansa and Jon.

Also wondering if anyone can explain the situation with dragon glass and Valaryian steel? Seems the steel can kill walkers too (Longclaw....seems like the sword Sam swiped, he took because it was Valaryian and he knew he'd need it?). Is dragon glass same? Different? Both just happen to work?

4. RickStain

He gave up all right of inheritance when he joined the Night's Watch.

If we ignore that, he would have been behind Robb, Bran and Rickon.

If it were known that Robb legitimized Jon before be died, Jon would be ahead of him too.

Valyrian steel is a super badass magical metal that nobody knows how to make anymore but can still be used if you already have some. Nobody knows for sure why it can kill Others, but the running theory is something to do with dragons being involved in forging it.

Dragonglass is just obsidian, which the Children of the Forest used in their weapons. It presumably can kill Others because they made them to be vulnerable to their weapons but not mens'.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Actually, I see a Stark/Lannister alliance brewing. Temporarily. That alliance takes Riverlands and goes onto Winterfell. Jon, Sansa and Jaime. I guess technically Sansa is Jaime's sister-in-law. Bran trails them to Winterfell with Uncle Benjamin Dead Man literally Walking.
    Those combined armies with the Tully's are enough to take Bolton and AND Frey. The season ends as Cercei loses, somehow, the trial by combat and the Tea PArty takes control of KIng's Landing and their army Onward High Sparrow Army/ King's Guard and Tyrell's Army.
    Stark/Lannister start towards King's Landing. Meanwhile, Dany and her armies ship out on Iron Fleet towards King's Landing. Maybe that's through season 6. But Dany has to leave for King's Landing this season, at the pace their going. Unless the deal for the ships includes a detour to the Iron Islands first.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Riverrun is being held by the Tulleys, out of their allegiance to Rob Stark. I'm not sure why the Starks would need to ally with the Lannisters to take it.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Oh. Confused I am. So the Lannisters are going to Riverrun to fight the Tulleys. Frey's army as well? 3sided battle?

8. RickStain

Freys took over Riverrun after the Red Wedding, lost it when Blackfish organized a re-take with Tully forces. Freys have been sieging it to try to steal it back. Lannisters are going to show up to help the siege.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Re: Return of the Freys last episode. At one point do they officially find out what happened to Walda, and then go and try to fight the Boltons?

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Walder Frey gives no fucks about his daughters.

11. Key

Key Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting to see a Brienne-Jamie reunion at Riverrun.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[Tormund looks at Jaime, then Brienne, and openly weeps while sulking away]

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted