1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cincinnati Zoo kills gorilla after 4-year-old climbs into his pen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by franticscribe, May 29, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah. Too bad Klara Hitler didn't have an abortion.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Has the family sued the zoo yet for the faulty enclosure that allowed the kid to get in?

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not yet... but a PR firm is releasing their statements. (With the requisite plea to "respect our privacy." Piss off.)

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have shot that zoo monkey.

I would have challenged it to a bare-knuckle boxing match.

SpeedTchr and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

And I blame Disney for irresponsibly teaching kids that all animals are friendly, cuddly critters who will dance with us and sing songs with us.

Disney should be ashamed! Ashamed that my heart was broken when I found out Baloo really couldn't be my best friend! You monsters! You lied to me! YOU LIED TO ME!

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

My guess how this goes: The parents take advantage of all this hand-wringing by breeders, sue the zoo. The zoo, forced to defend itself, releases security video of mom turning back, talking on phone, yelling at other kids (etc.) for a good 10 seconds while her spawn scales the wall that's as tall as he is. It's another 5-7 seconds of him crawling through the bushes until someone taps her shoulder and says "Hey, is that your kid?" Then it's all "MY BAAAAAYBEE! MOMMY LOVES YOU! (Uh, girlfriend? Can I call you back later? Click.)"

cjericho, Mr. Sunshine and Vombatus like this.
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

She's a total 6.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Uh, oh.

I will not subject myself to reading a single after-story comment about this story from this point forward.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My question is: Why?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Their ethnicity.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Mr. W will not comment until after his case his settled. How much are they seeking from the zoo? 3 mil?

Draft saved Draft deleted