1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That Reigns-Rollins segment is what I would write if I wanted to kill every little bit of heat both men ever had.

Fucking awful.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sound like I should be glad I missed it, except for Rollins walking away. Flipping around between that, baseball, Warriors/Thunder and Sharks/Penguins.

I saw that Charlotte/Steph clip. Also awful in that Steph cut Charlotte off after she
    Oriented put how hypocritical Steph was. At least, Steph should have just
    Pointed put that Flair is her husband's pal, which would make sense, instead of lecturing her on how she should treat her fsther.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Can you say SWERVE?

4. Baron Scicluna

OK, that was pretty cool.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And why the hell was Cena wearing Ellen shorts?

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

This New Day open is really bad....are they trying to get me to change to baaketball on purpose?

7. Baron Scicluna

The open truly was bad, and it seemed like something was off. Steph gets interrupted before her dance, and then the match just happens. Weird.

8. JimmyHoward33

OK that was awesome.......awesome promo by Cena, awesome stuff by the clubbies right down to the nwo black and white tights.

So Cena and a mystery partner vs these 3 at bash at the beach? Err,, MITB?

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"WHOSE SIDE IS FINN BALOR ON?"

10. JimmyHoward33

Just catching up on my rumors......theyre not actually going to cancel NXT right? They can't possibly be that dense.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

What a lot of folks don't know about Shoemaker is that he doesn't write about rasslin all day either. When I met him in Dallas, I found out he is actually a graphic designer and that's part of his new job.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Now, this is a rumor but there's been a possible leaked list of what the rosters would look like for the brand extension. Of course, nothing's important but there are some interesting names in both brands:

SmackDown:

Announcers: Jerry Lawler, Corey Graves, Mauro Ranallo

Other Announcers: Funaki, JoJo

Wrestlers: Rusev and Lana, The New Day, Apollo Crews, Becky Lynch, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, The Vaudevillains, The Wyatt Family, Baron Corbin, Emma, Tyler Breeze and Fandango, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson, Randy Orton, Dana Brooke, Big Show, Titus O'Neil, Tyson Kidd, Alicia Fox, Natalya, Darren Youngand Bob Backlund, Goldust and R-Truth, Kane, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, Tamina Snuka, Eva Marie, Finn Balor, Peyton Royce, Tye Dillinger, Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa, Austin Aries, Mojo Rawley, Billie Kay, Nia Jax, No Way Jose

RAW:

Announcers: JBL, Michael Cole and Byron Saxton

Other Announcers: Lilian Garcia, Renee Young

Wrestlers: The Miz and Maryse, Seth Rollins, Sasha Banks, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Enzo Amore and Big Cass, Dean Ambrose, John Cena. Paige, Alberto Del Rio, Neville, Chris Jericho, The Dudley Boyz, Summer Rae, Kalisto, The Shining Stars, Zack Ryder, Naomi, Sin Cara, Sheamus, The Usos, Dolph Ziggler, The Ascension, Nikki Bella, The Social Outcasts, Bayley, Shinsuke Nakamura, The Revival, Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Bobby Roode, Hideo Itami, Liv Morgan, Blake and Murphy, Elias Samson

Roman Reigns & Charlotte would be working both brands, unless they create new championships. I'm also assuming that the WWE Tag Team Champs would be working both brands as well. Obviously, lots of NXT names in there but it most definitely look that based on that preliminary list (which will more than likely change), they're not splitting any tag team, compared to the first brand split.

Draft saved Draft deleted