1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

YES, THIS!

2. Bradley Guire

Maybe The E can work out a deal in time for the Wyatts' return.
    [​IMG]

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It kinda a funny coincidence that on the 20th anniversary week of the E's former star showing up in the rival company, and using a Latin accent that they made him drop because they owned the character, that the E tried to knock off another company's intellectual property.

4. Bradley Guire

Podcast update:

Shoemaker's new show started a few weeks ago on the Ringer podcast feed. No feed of its own, so I have to delete a lot of stuff I don't want from the feed to hear Shoemaker. He has a comedian for a co-host who is not obnoxious and has sincere thoughts to express. Even if he makes a joke, it's not like when Piper had that guy making the same Kamala is fat joke every week. Holy shit. It's actual intelligent rasslin discusion that stays on topic. So great to have him back.

Cheap Heat ... Oh boy. While Rosenberg doesn't stray off topic as much, he's all over the place with rasslin topics. The weekly guest is hit and miss. Either it's a E talent they suck up to or some semi-celeb buddy of Rosenberg's. They really need to get a regular third who can be the analyst. Rosenberg can keep the conversation moving, Stat Guy can throw in bits to keep conversations accurate. But right now? Yeesh, not sure I'll stick around much longer. I think ESPN will want to keep a rasslin pod since it's done all this TV work with Off he Top Rooe. But I wonder if anyone steps in to make changes for the show.

Sam Roberts continues to have the best access for weekly talent interviews, and he's got a sharp critique of the product.

Austin is hit and miss. He's recovering from shoulder surgery and can't travle much, so it's a lot of BS shows when he doesn't get Keller on for a post-PPV discussion.

I don't listen to Ross unless he has someone I want to hear.

Jericho seems like he has the contacts to expand his show to include more interviews with musicians outside of rock/metal. Maybe TV and movie stars. I don't think he'll get major A listers like Downey but he could have a nice little general entertainment show, backed by Podcast One. I would love that, but I think rasslin marks' heads would explode if he went more than two episodes without having a rassler on to tell the same stories we've already heard a hundred times.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    sgreenwell and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Couple weeks ago, Jericho had Dana Carvey. Haven't listened yet, though.

Before his recent one with Flair, he went over his match with Ambrose and said it was the first bump on tacks he's ever taken, and they took out 69 (*snicker*) afterwards. It also was WWE's first since Orton/Foley.

Austin had a couple good ones with Hornswoggle just after his release and Enzo and Cass just before their callup.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I like Shoemaker new podcast a lot. I'm not sure if the cohost will be rotating or not. It has room to grow as his no 2 man gets better or settled but it's already better than and will bury cheap heat. Shoemaker is even better when he doesn't have to stop to explain everything Rosenberg hasn't watched yet.

The first two episodes they've had random discussions of old matches they watched.....last week an ECW show compared to extreme rules, this week a 4way with Bret Austin Vader and Taker compared to the IC 4way. It's a great idea and was good listening, I hope they continue it.

Still a notch below Sam Roberts, who along with Linendoll is the best in the biz right now.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like Shoemaker just superkicked Rosenberg through a plate glass window.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why was Rosenberg trying to escape through a window?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rosenberg is Jannetty, or soon will be.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I don't know who Simmons is in the whole Rockers thing....the crazy thing is there never seemed to be any animosity between Rosenberg and the Masked Man. If my partner was consistently behind on the material I'd be pissed. But it appears the new show is completely because Shoe joined the Ringer in a full time capacity outside wrestling and Cheap Heat is an ESPN property...

Rosenberg actually said he thinks he's an asset because he brings an outside perspective, I think he said "Someone who has other things going on and isn't thinking about this all day like you marks."

That may be true and it's a whole other discussion point but......the type of fans that are going to spend time listening to a podcast about the product...that doesn't apply to them. He's a dope.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

So, Goldberg is an unlockable character in the new WWE 2K game. Expect him to get a Hall of Fame induction and a one-off comeback match.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I can go with Goldberg as a hall of famer. He certainly left a lasting mark on the business, which is really what the benchmark should be.

Draft saved Draft deleted