1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First-world problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Mar 6, 2015.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

When you realize the kuerig was set at 10 ounces, not 12, and you don't get as much coffee.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I usually run my Kuerig twice on the same cup. 12 oz the first time, 4 oz (Strong) on the second time. That way I feel like I won a small battle of the pocketbook.

Vombatus and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I do the same, but I think my unit does 16 oz and I run a cup a second time at 16 oz because I am cheap and like drinking water that reminds me of Flint.

spikechiquet likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I worked from home and a different office this week and now the desktop icons on my laptop are jumbled

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

List: Things the World’s Most and Least Privileged People Say.

Things the World’s Most and Least Privileged People Say.

BY JOHN-CLARK LEVIN
    - - - -
    “I don’t have a TV!”

“I never eat meat!”

“I walk ten miles a day!”

“My diet is making me lose a lot of weight!”

“I use my own waste to grow food!”

“My children aren’t vaccinated!”

“I have a very small carbon footprint!”

“I don’t vote — the system is too corrupt!”

Buck and Ace like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think my cat is a Draymond Green fan. She's all of 7 pounds but I'll be damned if she doesn't know exactly where to step on me with all of her weight.

spikechiquet and Batman like this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I want to make a sandwich and the cutting board is in the dishwasher.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

You need a cutting board to make a sandwich?

Regardless, you should have multiple cutting boards to avoid cross contamination.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This fits the thread rather nicely.

three_bags_full likes this.
  10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The gas station I frequent because it's the cheapest around (usually by about 10 cents per gallon) has an island with three pumps. But the pumps are a little close and people cannot figure out how to park for maximum availability.

Often the middle pump is blocked by someone who could have pulled another two feet forward.

Today I watched a woman pull up to where her gas tank was almost equal with the middle pump, but then back up just short of the last pump, assuring that no one else could use the middle pump.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Hate when my garbagemen don't put the bins back where they were after emptying them.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My living room has a ceiling fan with a remote controlled light. The remote is a POS that we've dropped a couple of times on our tile so the inner workings have to be mildly screwed up. So I turned it off and got into bed to read and that damned button got stuck and turned the light back on. Now I've seen a bunch of horror movies so I get a little jumpy by weird shit. So thanks, house, I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted