1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015-16 NBA Thread (feat. the Wives)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 8, 2015.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

They can only score in hoops 3.048 meters high. They can't handle this 10-feet crap.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Falls along these lines ...

Screen shot 2016-05-26 at 8.10.39 AM.png

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Interesting if not surprising WSJ story on the secret to raising an NBA player -- be an elite athlete. (Dammit!)

According to a Wall Street Journal analysis of biographical data on every NBA player, 48.8% are related to current or former elite athletes—defined as anyone who has played a sport professionally, in the NCAA or at national-team level. While other leagues feature notable dynasties—the Manning’s of the NFL or the Griffey’s in baseball—only about 17.5% of NFL players and 14.5% of MLB players are related to other elite athletes, based on a similar study.

Why Basketball Runs in the Family

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I thought that they were all thugs from the inner-city who could not compete in Jordan's era? That's what sports talk radio callers tell me.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Warriors we've been watching all season showed up tonight.

6. LongTimeListener

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Raymond crane kicked another guy last night. And he's going to miss a game because he flexed his muscles in a front of someone too many times.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time I was more intrigued about an NBA playoff game as I'll be about Game 6 in OKC on Saturday.

Even if Toronto wins tonight, the Raps are utterly incapable of even keeping it close in Cleveland, so I can't say the same about that series.

9. LongTimeListener

Technicals are a different batch of points than flagrants. He's playing Saturday.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

yeah, bad wording on my part. It was more a prediction. He will miss a game when he muscle flexes twice more. He's an idiot.

11. LongTimeListener

I was pleased to see a 70/30 split between Playing Basketball vs. Being Draymond Green. I'd prefer 80/20 or even 90/10. In OKC it was 20/80.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So the Cavs are in the Finals again. <crickets>

Draft saved Draft deleted