1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SB Nation pulls Daniel Holtzclaw longform piece

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 17, 2016.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Holtzclaw is going to be on 20/20 now.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Serial Season 3

4. Mr. Mediocre

Mr. Mediocre Member

Maybe that will force SB Nation/Vox to release the findings of its thorough internal investigation /eyeroll emoji

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Narrated by Glenn Stout?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

"We won, as I knew we would."

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

“Incorporate general journalistic training” into the newsroom, and specifically “a training component addressing journalistically responsible approaches to sensitive topics.”

Holy fuck what a concept. It just might work.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Based on that report, I'd argue Spencer Hall should no longer be boss of anything other than his own content.

Mr. Mediocre likes this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Holy FUCK that actually happened. Unbelievable arrogance.

I'll piggyback on Alma and argue Glenn Stout should never be boss of anything other than his own content, too. I think we're there though.

11. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I like Hall, but that's probably a fair point. I think he's great at shaping and guiding tone and voice, but might not be the best manager of the process.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wasn't there more shit like that in there, too? Something like, "And, yeah, we should probably have more than one person edit every story. And hey. Maybe even a woman. Or a non-white! Oh, and let's have a clear chain of command. That'd be good, probably!" Sounds like the only edits in this story were straight copy edits. No big-picture stuff at all. I BET THEY'RE GLAD THEY FOUND THAT EXTRA COMMA, THO!!

Also, Spencer Hall seems like the kind of person I would never work for. Granted, that might say more about me than him, but still. Hard pass on that.

Draft saved Draft deleted