1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'This is what it's like to grow up in the age of likes, lols and longing'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 26, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who are the sickos liking Vombatus' stuff??

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

FWIW, I used to get similarly locked in when it came to NES games back in the day. I turned out to be a (reasonably) well-adjusted adult and what not. And I'm almost positive that he's just acting overboard nice in hopes of getting an early reprieve, since that's absolutely something I would pull as well :)

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, he's totally playing you, LTL. :)

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Probably. He isn't a dumb kid, as much as he can act like one.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Holy shit! I've never felt so validated in all my life! Fuck everything I've said about not living online. This is it, right here.

I can't take all the credit, though. I figure a good 25 percent of the likes are from posts mocking OOP.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I may not have the most likes, but I'm doing pretty well in the number per post.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

One thing that hasn't changed throughout the generations is that kids are master manipulators. I'm amazed (and a little horrified at the thought of the teenage years) at how adept my daughter is at emotional blackmail. She'll be 2 in August.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You and I are all about quality, not quantity.

Songbird, on the other hand, Jesus....

poindexter likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I want to know why all of us on that list have the same amount of "trophy points."

Is that the SJ equivalent of "Everyone Gets a Trophy?"

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I have a strategy. A high percentage of my posts are on the Royals, Kansas and UVA and certain television shows, which creates a high likelihood at least one of Big Circus, exmediahack or Donnie in His Element will like it.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Instagram phenomenon is something I am completely disconnected from. I know that it's a photo-sharing site. I know that I used to see people post Instagram photos on Facebook, and now I don't. Other than that, I'm completely oblivious. Apparently it is important to get a lot of "likes" there.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's it! No more pity likes for the assholes.

Why are trophy points capped at 113? Seems Dick at least should get extra for a trophy wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted