1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Possible bomb found at Old Trafford today

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And a happy St. Totteringham's Day to the soccer fans of SJ! God bless us every one!

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Man United win the FA Cup into what turned into a pretty exciting match. Looks like LvG is gone this week -- I wonder what the Special One will do there. You have to figure that Mata, Carrick and probably Rojo are gone.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's a done deal. Presser in about 38 minutes.

5. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

More importantly... RBNY dished out a nice Red Wedding over the weekend to NYCFC.

6. Inky_Wretch

Was it me, or were US soccer sites slow with LVG news today?

7. Webster

I think they waited for the official announcement whereas the UK outlets had been leaked the news by Saturday, if not sooner

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Joey Barton signing with Rangers seems appropriate. Oh, has Scottish football fallen. Remember when there was some hope of Celtic and Rangers joining The Football League Championship? They'd have trouble in League One.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Scottish football badly needed Rangers back in the SPL, and the Old Firm derby back on.

Hibs are another big club that would help the top division, but they'll be down for another season. The Edinburgh derby with Hearts is one of the longest-running in the world.

10. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

Rangers also signed Niko Krancjar. I see no problem with either signing.

As for the level of play in Scotland... Well, it's lower than MLS. I've said that for nearly a decade now. Rangers at least have a quality manager playing an attractive brand of soccer. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Meanwhile, screw LVG. RBNY pulled a train on BoyCity. That should be the running news story all week.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Nagbe looked good, at least.

12. Webster

Yup, Lil Bradley needs to play above the defense and Nagbe in front of him.

Draft saved Draft deleted