1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, that got a little uncomfortable. Ain't nothing like saying your 67-year-old dad is dead to you.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

"Shut up Cole, I can hear you from here!"

Owens is priceless.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Foley's interview with Shane: some good stories, and then they cut it off before Shane gets asked about the current product. Yeesh.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

God bless Seth Rollins, the heel who can't insult his opponent because the crowd will cheer him.

So WTF are they going to do with Styles now? I'm not sure he belongs in the ladder match anyway but who's important enough to be in a program with him that's not already in the ladder match? John Cena....(When's Wyatt back? Hmmmm)

Dana Brooke is hilarious doing the Flair dance, but she really shouldve patted Ric on the head, would've been hysterical. Charlotte's really good though. Lots of men who are supposed to be heels should watch her.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The ending of Jericho-Crews was weird. Looked like Crews got knocked silly on the kip up lionsault botch.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They might have done that, but I'm guessing Enzo's concussion threw a curveball into that equation. They seemed destined to win that tournament. Cass and Enzo, the hot babyfaces, applying pressure on New Day, who revert to true heel status. Or at least I would hope that's the plan once Enzo is ready. Promos galore.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I saw this as a throw-away line in an online Raw report, but:

Sami Zayn - the next Daniel Bryan?

Discuss.

8. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

Sadly, I think that's going to be a perfect comparison, because he doesn't look like Vince's type of guy whatsoever. He and the WWE Universe will probably have to force a title reign to happen like they did with Bryan. I just hope his reign goes a little better.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the company has more faith in Sami Zayn, but christ, I hate his god damn hat. I don't know why it annoys me so much, but it does. I think it would have helped if they got the IC belt on him, and he did what Cena did with the open challenges for a while. Right now, he just seems like a hard luck loser, but maybe that's changing since he did get a clean win on Sheamus.

Dana Brooke is a very odd looking lady. Definitely Oakland booty, but more of an Orange County housewife face and chest. Not sure how she factors into the Charlotte thing going forward, except that it feels like they said, "Fuck, we introduced her, now we need to do something with her now that Emma is gone." And maybe I blinked and missed it, but was there only one women's match on Monday's show?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I like Sami's hat. I used to have one of my own just like it.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Doesn't seem like they'll do it this year, but would a women's Money in the Bank match be a good idea? Can't recall ever seeing a women's ladder match, with the current crop of athletic female wrestlers it seems like they could pull it off.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Zayn is definitely the new Bryan, they can tell the same story they told when he lost all those titles matches in NXT and the authority can actually fire him because he can come back as Generico. It's gold, Jerry, gold.

I think the idea of a women's MITB contract is perfect but I don't know that a ladder match is the best way to do it.......they'll have to put their creative caps on and come up with a gimmick that won't shorten the girls careers.

Draft saved Draft deleted