1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm a Giants fan, but wonder if the fault was not with Kemp, who was playing doubles defense department n the warning track, but with the second baseman, who peeled off?

Bumgarner, Cueto and Samardzia (sp) are formidable, but Cain has been sharper of late.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

95:5 K:BB

The southpaw needed 102 pitches to blank the Reds for the 15th complete-game shutout of his career and third in a dominant month of May. Kershaw allowed just two hits, walked one and struck out seven, giving him an incredible 95:5 strikeout-to-walk ratio to begin the season. Howie Kendrick's RBI groundout provided all the offense Kershaw would need in the pitching duel, a 1-0 win over the Reds' Brandon Finnegan, who allowed just five hits over eight innings. For Kershaw (7-1), the outing lowered his ERA to 1.48. He's the first Dodgers starter to last at least seven innings in each of his first 10 starts since Fernando Valenzuela in 1981.

Clayton Kershaw continues to be ridiculous in May

One of the hits was Cozart's double on the first pitch of the game.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Game time was a clean 2:11.

I had it on TV while I was trying to finish a book. I glanced up at one point and saw the Dodgers shaking hands and thought, "Wait, it's over?"

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

GOAT before it's all said and done?

It's tough to project out 5-10 more years of course. He could lose it tomorrow like Verlander or Halladay.

But it's sure fun right now.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The only game I've mostly watched this year was his previous start against Anaheim - that one went 2:12.

For that reason alone, he's my favorite pitcher.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Man Kershaw's curve is disgusting.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

10. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

If I'm a Dodger fan, I'm still unhappy. The Kershaw dominance/appreciation is all just window dressing to the fact the Giants own L.A.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nobody owns anybody in May. How many games they have left, 12, 13?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He'll just cover up for it by going on a 12-minute soliloquy about the history of the curveball and how he once saw Sandy Koufax throw one in 1964 that made Leo Durocher openly weep with joy over its majesty. It'll eat up the entire fourth inning, and by the time he's finished you'll forget all about the botch.

Draft saved Draft deleted