1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Some of us probably are, I admit that. But I think that's true, to a degree, of any candidate. I recall before the Iowa Caucuses watching a young Bernie Sanders supporter explaining passionately that Sanders supported a flat tax.

Ultimately, I think that Trump has the credibility, by virtue of his lengthy track record and decades in the public eye, to really get things done on an international stage. He's also not afraid to have a little fun, like yesterday. I think that before all is said and done, he's going to have a proverbial "big tent" of supporters. Who knows, Starman? You may be among them.

#Trump2016

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

You think Obama's approval ratings have perked up now ? Just wait 'til he's out of office.

History's gonna love this guy.

He'll get a monument.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's so narcissistic that he probably has a secret plan to have Mount Rushmore altered to four different profiles of himself.

Hokie_pokie and expendable like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Pig has no credibility in anything.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I like the old gimmick better. Please consider a rebranding.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, this gimmick is dripping in wet blue font paint.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="
    Ultimately, I think that Trump has the credibility, by virtue of his lengthy track record and decades in the public eye, to really get things done on an international stage..

#Trump2016[/QUOTE]
    Being president has almost nothing at all to do with being able to run a successful financial business, and yet this is somehow cited as one of his greatest bonafides. The government isn't in the moneymaking business, which is the complete antithesis of how his mind works.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Being president has almost nothing at all to do with being able to run a successful financial business, and yet this is somehow cited as one of his greatest bonafides. The government isn't in the moneymaking business, which is the complete antithesis of how his mind works.[/QUOTE]

And I get that. But the government is in the money-managing business. You can't deny that. And this is someone who has been doing that his entire career - he practically rebuilt Manhattan single-handedly. As I've said, I'm a little cautious because I want to see who he selects as a running mate. But if it's someone legit like Christie or Huckabee, it would be awful hard for me not to push that button for him come November.

10. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Being president has almost nothing at all to do with being able to run a successful financial business, and yet this is somehow cited as one of his greatest bonafides. The government isn't in the moneymaking business, which is the complete antithesis of how his mind works.[/QUOTE]

I would submit that if the government were run more like a money making business there would be a lot less fat and waste in the budget.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Marvelous. Pretty soon we'll be making the equivalent of two mortgage payments a month to be insured.

I suspect I will spend my age 58-64 years rolling the dice without insurance and waiting for Medicare.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The three biggest items in the budget, indeed, the only really big items in the budget, are Medicare-Medicaid, Social Security and defense spending. Trump has said he won't touch the first two and will increase spending on the third. Plus cut taxes. Plus eliminate the national debt. This is a businessman's plan all right -- Bernie Madoff's. It defies arithmetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.