1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gannett to buy Tribune??

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Apr 25, 2016.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Nor Australia.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Man, I have fond memories of working there 1-2 nights per week as the "composing room shift" person before pagination. Didn't have to be there until about 7, but you didn't get home until almost 3.

And we used that building to produce the papers during hurricane aftermaths because the main Fort Lauderdale office was usually shut down.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Negative.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And rejected again .

7. BTExpress

I love print newspapers to death. But there's no way I would use the printed product the way TPUB's new, billion-dollar investor envisions.

Tribune Investor Seeks to Revive Print With ‘Machine Vision’

8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Having every picture turn into video the second my eye looked at it would be extremely annoying to me. If I'm scanning over a page or a website, I don't want to stop and watch even a Vine-length video.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

The story "Tribune Publishing Slides Toward Parody" it mentions "entertainment cities" and lists these: Hong Kong, Seoul, Rio de Janiero, Mumbai, Lagos, Moscow and Mexico City.

When the hell did Lagos, Mumbai and Mexico City become entertainment cities?

11. BTExpress

There are more "entertainment cities" in the world than New York and Los Angeles.

Really.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Mumbai is the center of Bollywood, a big deal outside the US.

I'm fascinated by what this guy proposed. At least he has an idea (which most in the biz don't now) and it's better than the "puppies!" formula. Hope the remaining workers don't get hosed like they did under Zell, that's all.

Bronco77 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted