1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there not a running NHL season thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Reminded me of that Flyers-Penguins game that went long in 2000. Or the Stars-Ducks game that went 3OT in 2003 where everyone thought the game was over but the goal was disallowed.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And these are the Sharks we've all come to know and dread in the playoffs.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So fucking proud of this team.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The Pens have played great hockey the whole second half of the season -- clearly the best team the last few months. You shouldn't write off their wins against a "choking" Rangers teamsand against a "choking" Caps team if the Pens close it out.It's playoff hockey, and they are winning like they are supposed to. It's not just other teams choking. The Pens are deep and they can skate and those games are pressure cookers. It causes other teams to make mistakes. You have to play perfect against Pittsburgh.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I have no objection to anybody chirping the Washington Capitals but I generally hate the choke label in team sports. Especially when people assign the choke label to a team playing the Pittsburgh Penguins.

It's like these people are ignoring there's a whole other team of world-class athletes on the other bench trying to prevent the Capitals from doing what they want to do.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    JC likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm known to be emotional after games, semi-rational between them.

Penguins have taken advantage of every single turnover in the Caps' defensive zone. It's uncanny. I'll give them a hell of a lot of credit for that. That's how you win playoff games.

I was tequila hungover and it was dreary and cold after the Game 4 loss, so take that post for what it's worth. :)

JC likes this.
  7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

It is odd, though, that so many different teams have been wildly successful at doing so.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm just going to take solace in the fact that the Rangers were 100 seconds from being bounced last year but rallied to win the series. A series is not over until one team wins four games.

9. Christ, Caps are playing with purpose out of the gate.
    Wow.

10. Holtby was lights out second period. Pens offense is out of sync.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe, but they are outshooting the Caps, 27-14, and trailing by two in the third.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Preds down 1-0 and could get run out of the barn. Dead legs.

Draft saved Draft deleted