1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, New Bern, NC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by lesboulez, May 5, 2016.

1. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

The Sun Journal in New Bern, NC is hiring a full-time sports reporter. We are looking for a candidate who loves sports, is willing to take on new challenges, is a go-getter and doesn't have a problem working under extreme deadlines. We cover six high schools in three counties. There will be plenty of chances to cover events at East Carolina University in Greenville, just a 45-minute drive. Football is our bread and butter. Our teams have played in eight state championship games since 2007, and 10 since 2001, with six winners. We have four local guys in the NFL and several more playing Division-I football. Requirements: A bachelor's degree and at least two years of writing and reporting experience. New Bern is the Colonial Capital of North Carolina. It's a short drive from the beach and less than a two-hour drive from Wilmington and Raleigh. As part of Gatehouse Media, the Sun Journal sports staff will have a full-time reporter, a sports editor and some stringers. Please send a cover letter, a resume and 3-4 clips to sports editor Adam Thompson at adam.thompson@newbernsj.com.

2. Suggswriter

Suggswriter Member

This sounds like an interesting opportunity.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Feel the New Bern.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Guess the word in the posting that triggers an immediate "no."

Ice9 likes this.
  5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

New Bern's a cool little city and Adam's a good guy who does good work.
    ECU is also my alma mater, so Go Pirates!
    I've worked at the Sun Journal - way back in 2001 - and it's a good paper run by much better people now than 15 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted