1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I find the castration of Christie to be fascinating.

The toughest talking tough guy candidate in the field, who would've won the nomination had he run in 2012, drops out and becomes Trump's bitch, and I do mean BITCH, in a matter of hours.

Ace, HanSenSE and YankeeFan like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You'd have to be such an asshole to try and run a superdelegate campaign, based on "electability", that could only serve to undermine the nominee:

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sinking ship:

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hitlerry's teeth are sharper than Monica's.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not that. It's that he has no chance of succeeding. And that he has been railing against the system for months.

He's a fraud.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yet, IIRC, Hillary hung around until the primaries were over in 2008. Sauce for the goose ...

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hey, it's no skin off my nose. I'm leaning strongly Trump.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A Dick Whitman heel turn? Sweet.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let's see if it's a better heel turn than Roman Reigns'.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Problem is, the GOPers never want to show the total tax picture, because the results show an alarming consistency in how much percentage of income every group pays in ALL TAXES (numbers I've seen have been between 14-19 percent).

They only want to highlight "federal income taxes" because, well, that's where THEIR greatest burden is located. FICA taxes are the same for Floyd Mayweather as they are for a dentist making $110,000. And a schoolteacher in New York will pay more in state income taxes than the wealthiest person in Florida.

Bottom line: Everybody is losing 14-19 percent of their paycheck in "taxes." I happen to think the upper 1% could stand to lose, say, 25% if it would help balance the budget (though it might not even put a dent in the problem).

This is an oldie but a goodie. I doubt the numbers have changed significantly since I first came upon it several years ago.

[​IMG]

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One way to spread the tax burden around would be to spread the wealth around. It makes perfect sense that a small pct. is playing a large share of taxes when that same small pct. is getting the large share of the new income.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.