1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 18, 2016.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are ready to dump Duda for Herrera. Makes sense.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Made the move last night. I think it works. Now I'm fielding three trade proposals, none of which I'd accept on their face. Trying to see if I can counter.

3. bigpern23

Guy is offering Matz and Salazar for Sale and Phelps. It's tempting because I think Matz is a stud and Salazar is very good, but neither will be keepers (drafted in the 9th and 7th rounds, respectively), so they lose a good deal of their value. Sale is a top-5 guy. Don't think I can give him up for a couple guys who likely won't crack the top 100 this season.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

4 of my 6 keepers are killing me (one is meh) and I called up up Schwarber right before he tore up his career. I am getting steamrolled.

5. outofplace

It would really depend on how much you need another starting pitcher. Unless you are really hurting for depth, holding on to Sale makes the most sense.

6. bigpern23

I'm definitely hurting for depth. After Sale, I have Liriano (who hasn't been great), Severino (who has been terrible), Hector Santiago (who I don't trust) and Michael Fulmer (unproven prospect who got his dick punched in tonight). I've got McCullers on the DL and Giolito and Julio Urias waiting in the wings, but those guys won't be up until mid-summer at the earliest.

Guy pulled the offer back anyway and dealt Salazar and J. Upton for deGrom and Rasmus.

7. bigpern23

Prince Fielder is killing me right now, but I look at his BABIP of .214 and I want to believe better days are ahead. Of course, he's also 32 and 350 pounds, so I'm not so sure. Should I consider dropping him and picking Duda back up? Or a prospect?

8. bigpern23

I'm excited for Julio Urias debut with the Dodgers, but I wish it didn't have to be against the Mets. Anyway, if he's available in your league, scoop him up ASAP.

9. outofplace

Long gone in my league. Somebody grabbed him last season and kept him.

Lucky me, I got Berrios...oh wait....fuck, I hate prospecting.

10. bigpern23

Ha, I hear ya. I drafted him in the 19th round this year. I've probably overloaded this particular squad with prospects - I've got Giolito, Urias, A.J. Reed and Aaron Judge - but I'm excited to finally see one of them get the call.

11. outofplace

That is prospect heavy. I tried to go that route, but waited a round too long on Mazara. Given my league's system, I'm going to be cursing that mistake for a decade or so.

12. bigpern23

The only thing that makes it bearable is that we do a full 25-man roster with three (three!) DL slots. The rosters are so deep, you can stash a few guys.

Same here on Mazara, who went two picks before I could get him in the 21st round. I got Urias in the 19th, then had a locked-in keeper selection of Addison Russell at 20. Not much I could do, but I thought Mazara was going to fall to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted