1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 26, 2016.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Obligatory, annual Big 12 expansion story. No one they find will be as good as Nebraska was for that league.

Big 12 ponders expansion

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

BYU is the only available school that could have a realistic shot of adding value for TV networks. Cincinnati is the least bad option from the AAC and would give WVU a travel partner. But if they really crunch the numbers, I bet they'll find a slightly better chance of making the playoffs in a given year doesn't offset splitting the pie 12 ways instead of 10.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

BYU would jump if the conference made accommodations. Has there been any talk at ND State?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is Wichita State bringing back football? Saw something on teh Twitterez about the Shockers making inquiries to the Mountain West, which seems at best a lateral move in rings but would be dreadful for a football noob.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Their president tweeted a picture of a football helmet a while back, but I don't think there has been an actual announcement.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised to see the Big 12 make a real run at Central Florida. Biggest school in the state, and would give them a presence in the SEC footprint (as would Memphis, for that matter).

Cincinnati would serve the same purpose in relation to the Big Ten, though they arguably already have that with Iowa State.

8. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I do think Memphis winds up in the Big 12.

After Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas are all gone.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Rest assured that if Bob Bowlsby is still in charge of the Big 12.......it will get fucked up somehow.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That would be Tiger High's exact luck.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted