1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anchor in trouble for FB posts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 25, 2016.

1. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

Didn't someone FL or Periscope while he was building the next day's pages?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

exmediahack and SFIND like this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You should always assume you're around a hot mic when you're in a broadcast newsroom, but c'mon. Other than holding up a phone, how did he know she was live?

exmediahack likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

This firing surprised me as it wasn't while he was on the anchor desk. It was newsroom posing and that got him.

I imagine if management liked him they would have just suspended him. FL strikes me as something where if you do something firable, your latitude is determined to whether management likes you or not.

5. exmediahack

I agree. The times we have to do it, I announce to everyone I come into contact with that we are live.

If he made the f-bombs in a truly threatening manner, that's cause. I've seen temper tantrums all over the business that lead to firings.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So it was a Purple Rain of profanity?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Looks like she is throwing sh-t and hoping for a quick settlement.

I didn't understand her lawyer saying she was denied rights enjoyed by other white citizens? What?

Tweener likes this.
  9. exmediahack

What a crazy woman she is.

Read deep in the suit. She says that her co-anchor is still employed after making lewd remarks to interns. Hoo boy.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She was denied the right to be a stupid, racist white woman because she's given up her anonymity and was making a nice living for herself.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted