1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Nomar Mazara may have locked up AL ROY tonight. Go-ahead homer and then a lead-saving throwout at home in the 8th.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's May...

JC and amraeder like this.
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Joc Pederson won last year's NL Rookie of the Year based on his strong April alone, didn't he?

Didn't he?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's a great outcome for them considering teams almost always have insurance policies on those big contracts. Although, with Sandoval's conditioning, I hope the insurance company had them paying high premiums.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

There's a lot of hot-garbage National League teams this season. Christ.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Tweets three months from now: Gio Gonzalez is scheduled for Tommy John surgery next week.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if you can't go at least seven against the Royals' bats right now you must really suck.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Are they worried about the possible threat to pregnant players?

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

What seems to be happening in KC is human nature.

All of the position players appear fat and happy except for Hosmer, who is playing for big money in the big markets, Moustakas, who is trying to prove he can hit .280 and Dyson, out to show he's everyday.

I see a team satisfied with 2015 and it totally makes sense. Once you've climbed a mountain or have been the best in your field, it takes a driven person not to slack off.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Maybe. But it won't be because of a pitch count. Unless an average of 99 pitches per start is absurd, which, it may be. I have no idea. I'm guessing not, though. If you listen to some people, though, every pitcher on the Nationals roster will probably have Tommy John surgery before the season is over. HOLY SHIT!

Draft saved Draft deleted