1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there not a running NHL season thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 9, 2015.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The league has been out to get the Ducks for ten years? Or has the league been inconsistent in discipline for ten years?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So does Letang get games?

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was just trying to be a little snarky. But there were some stats that came out during the season that over a period of the past few years (forgot how many) the Ducks had a penalties for/penalties against ratio of minus-300, which put them 30th in the league. The inconsistent discipline is over the past couple of years, since they started making a big deal out of the announcements.
    What do you think? You know better than I.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think discipline has been a inconsistent forever. It's a gong show.

The Ducks for years have played a physical, borderline dirty style. Being 30th doesn't surprise me.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've never been critical of penalty calls against the Ducks. I have been critical of the calls the Ducks don't get. Forsberg on Manson, Weber on Fowler and Perry. To name a few recent ones.

6. Props to Orpick for the way he reacted. Very professional. Sorry ... Brain fart.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He should be.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Letang gets one game, my guess.

A little more encouraged after last night than I was after Saturday. But if the Caps don't win Wednesday, I think it's lights out.

9. Pens stole one last night. Caps out played them all night.
    If Letang is out the Pens are in trouble.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

One game for Letang, as I suspected.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I figure my Twitter timeline will be filled with pissed off Caps fans. But if the Caps take advantage and win Game 4, they steal back home ice and have no excuses.

I give the Caps a 15% chance to win the series at this point.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nah. I was stupid pissed off and cussing in the moment last night on Twitter but in reality, one game is about right. Would have been pissed if he had only gotten fined.

Draft saved Draft deleted