1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The N in ESPN about to stand for nobody

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 1, 2016.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A curious take. Trent Dilfer could relate better to 90% of NFL QBs than Steve Young, one of the 2 or 3 most gifted QBs in league history. Chris Collinsworth is 19 times the analyst that Irvin or Carter is.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What makes you think Irvin and Carter are analysts? They are the innocent dupes of a racist producer. They are the punchline to an inside joke

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

We're doing well, thanks.

Let me know when you'd like to send that tax refund, as I'd like a new set of Titleist AP2 irons. I don't know what it is the last two years, but when I got there five years ago, we were making a number that anyone who publishes actually journalism, outside of Vogue or Vanity Fair, would have died for.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Glad to see at least one print publication doing well.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They're on different networks. Do they have the same producer?

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

09fc517e21b08723487669347927461bf179715d72a125f7f38699c6c30d8ff7.jpg
    Forget it. He's rolling.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

TigerVols might have hit on to something here. With the cuts they are making in Bristol, among other things, ESPN is, for a lack of a better word, over-saturating themselves with their platforms. And, they are facing a potential situation similar to newspapers as far as the changing dynamics of the medium is concerned.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But with a newspaper losing a subscriber - it's just one subscription. Somebody disconnects from cable ESPN loses one subscriber/potential viewer for each of their channels.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The ESPN.com scoreboard was pathetic last night. Went to look up the Caps score, which I knew was well into the second period, and they had the score as 2-0, end of the first. I went to nhl.com and found out it was 3-0 end of second, so ESPN was pretty much a full hour behind. WTF. I thought score feeds were automated.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

If ESPN gave 2 shits about the NHL, I'd be concerned.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I do not wish to cudgel with you boss, but I respectfully don't think you'd win that bet.
    And five years, as we all have seen, is enough time for shit to get real in the print industry.
    I have never seen the paper product being held or read in public.
    (I am mostly referring to the ink-on-paper product, here.)

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Cris Collinsworth was a good player.
    Curious? People have always rolled their eyes when a shitty writer has tried to confer power and insight.
    Especially when the shitty writer tries to tear apart his betters.
    I don't see much of a difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted