1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Vegetarians and Vegans Think They Are Better Than Everyone Else?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Aug 7, 2013.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't recall granting you fools permission to post on my forum.

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

From a journalistic standpoint..WTF....how does a reporter from the New York Times do a story on a teen and her one friend having a party for vegans where no one else is vegan? Seriously? This reads like a fucking high school newspaper story. This is worse than most shit people on here railed about Timmy's mom writing for Patch? I seriously expected it to end with "and everyone had fun!!"

I admit I had never really heard of Lena Dunham before Dick started his quest. I thought she and Amy Schumer were the same person. This sounds like this reporter put out a query on MySpace in 2003 looking for Vegan teens and Dunham answered it and just bluffed "oh yeah, me and friends, we do vegan parties all the time. it's huge."

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. 3_Octave_Fart

If Fart ever consumes a spinach whey smoothie and calls it even vaguely a social interaction I'd like a bullet between the eyes.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't recall anyone giving a shit.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

About this forum? Yeah, it looks that way lately. What did you guys do to scare off the customers?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

A Japanese vegetable juice company has designed a new a wearable robot that dispenses tomatoes for people to eat while on the go.

Tomatan is a robot that can be worn as a backpack. Weighing 8kg (18 pounds), it features a tomato shaped head with a mouth that opens to dispense the tomato into circular metal arms that then come down over the person's mouth to feed them a tomato.

Why would anyone need this, you might ask? Well, according to Kagome, which claims to be Japan's largest supplier of tomato juice and tomato ketchup, people running the Tokyo marathon really need this.

"Tomatoes have lots of nutrition that combats fatigue," Kagome employee Shigenori Suzuki told Deccan Chronicle.

Meet Tomatan, a wearable robot that feeds you tomatoes as you run

7. 3_Octave_Fart

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with vegetarians and vegans?

The only mention of either word in that story is pointing out that some Girl Scout cookies are vegan (quite a number of them are, actually).

9. 3_Octave_Fart

I'm not a pregnant woman and I have the funds to eat like an entitled killjoy, but I agree with every syllable of this.

Check Your Food Privilege

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not smart to mess with Larchmont vegans.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Larchmont neighborhood of LA, not your local village.

Draft saved Draft deleted