1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Sickening injury for Enzo. No question this was legit, and it sucks because of all the momentum they had.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ah, just what we all need, another finish harkening back to the Montreal Screwjob.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That McMahons segment was B-A-D

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Slow pace to start the Styles-Reigns match. Are we looking at a 30-minute plus match here?

5. Baron Scicluna

Not just bad, but as it turns out, pointless. Could have been a Raw segment, and of course, much shorter

6. Baron Scicluna

Sped up quite nicely. I enjoyed it, and they set up the rematch in 3 weeks already. At least they made Styles look pretty strong.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was actually a damn good match. Always like it when they end championship matches clean, once they introduce the possibility of a schmozz, so that was nice.
    No Balor, though?

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That Styles Reigns match was really really good. I'm just gonna put aside my questions about the story going forward and all the mediocre to bad stuff that was on from about 9 pm to 1015 and focus on that.......what an enjoyable match. Bravo to both guys.

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Glad to see Enzo up and moving.

Check out @FightOwensFight's Tweet:

Can only imagine they'll give the title shot to the Vaudevillains, like was probably the plan. Enzo and Cass will probably sit a few weeks, delaying their expected program with the Dudleys.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

So next PPV we get New Day-Vaudevillains (probably); Zayn-Owens-Cesaro-Miz four-way for the IC title; Charlotte-Natalya II and Reigns-Styles II. Could definitely see Anderson/Gallows-Usos too. Maybe Corbin-Kalisto for the U.S. belt. Add something for Ambrose and one more decent match (preferably a women's match since they deserve more than one now) and you'd have two minor PPVs in a row with a better card than Wrestlemania had.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

How the hell is no one talking about how I watched cartoon Ric Flair fuck a bear?

12. Baron Scicluna

Agh! Kayfabe!

Seriously, glad Enzo wasn't hurt more seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted