1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 28, 2016.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Brandon LaFell at this point....Unless Boyd is much better than I think he is.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

So Texas and the Baylor basketball team had the same number of guys drafted.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Browns have announced Kessler is part of open competition for starting QB. Can't wait to see RG3's reaction to that.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Kessler is the perfect Browns quarterback -- weak arm, not all that big, successful in college, but only to a point.

That said, the worst thing the Browns could do is fire up the RGIII entitlement machine, and promise him he's the starter. I actually think Hue Jackson might have an outside shot at making him a starting QB again, but it won't be by telling him he's swell and he doesn't need to worry about a rookie QB.

6. Mr. Sunshine

I think he's fragile enough that neither option is preferrable.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Has Jackson ever mentioned that RG3 is the unquestioned starter? I thought he mentioned an open competition from the day they signed him. Of course, all that'll do is help RG3 create a few more wristband slogans. I really hope he figures it out. He was fun as hell to watch when he had his superpowers in 2012. It'd be nice if he can even be 50% of what he was.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  8. Mr. Sunshine

All In For Possibly Winning The Job For Week 1 And Then Maybe Playing Well Enough To Hold Off This Rookie (While Crossing My Fingers I Don't Get Broken In Half Behind A Shitty Offensive Line In The Meantime)

JackReacher and heyabbott like this.
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

All those capital letters couldn't have been worth the work.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Eli Apple's mom continues to bring it on Twitter:

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If ESPN gave Annie Apple 30 minutes of weekday airtime, I'd find a way to watch.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Annie Apple called referred to Michael Irvin as a running back on the NFL Net's pre-draft coverage, too. That was nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted