1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Same reason Cloverfield sucked. Shaky fucking POV ruined the entire experience.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Jungle Book. It was terrible.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Had seen bits and pieces of it, but finally watched most of J. Edgar today. What a pile of shit. I find it funny Nixon was portrayed as the villain. Although he certainly could be in other movies, Nixon admitted to fearing Hoover, and I highly doubt old Edgar was worried about Dick. I think Stone (who's real liberal with facts in movies) portrayed the relationship closer to reality.

4. eclapt44

eclapt44 Member

I saw "The Program," the Lance Armstrong biopic that came out this year. A little scattered at parts, but captures the megalomania of Armstrong well.

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Have you seen "The Armstrong Lie"? I'll have to check this out.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Program tanked at the BO, partially because many fans of procycling turned their backs on it after the star admitted that he, too, took PEDs in order to get in shape for the movie.

The Armstrong Lie is excellent...especially when it explores LA's background.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

As a cyclist and a huge fan of the peloton - I had little interest in The Program after seeing The Armstrong Lie, reading Tyler Hamilton's 'The Secret Race' and also 'Wheelmen'. All of which give you a great look in on the behind the scenes of the athletes and pro peloton. But like I said, I'll have to check it out anyway. Like to see how close it is what was happening.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Keanu today. Having laughed my ass off at everything I'd seen from Key and Peele going in, I was sorely disappointed. It had its moments, but it just really wasn't that funny.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Saw it today. Was really looking forward to it. It was HORRIBLE. Worst movie I've paid to see in a long time. Actually thought about leaving a couple of times. Had some moments but they were few and far between. So disappointed

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I watched Band of Robbers a couple of nights ago on the Netflix. It's sort of the story of what happened to Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer as young adults. Not a great film, but not a bad way to spend 90 minutes.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hoover is on the anti Mt Rushmore of horrific American politicians. Nixon Hoover(J Edgar) and McCarthy.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The Seventh Cross (1944). Spencer Tracy. One of the earliest mentions of concentration camps in the movies. Captures the dangerous aspects of living in fear of the Gestapo.

Draft saved Draft deleted