1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015-16 NBA Thread (feat. the Wives)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 8, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yep. They have $26M committed of a $92M cap.

LeBron could put his All-Star team together there.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

LeBron and some of the other Superfriends could divide the remaining cap money and get a couple of team sponsors like Coke, Nike and McDs to underwrite the balance. Especially with the NBA allowing logos on the uni's

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hubie Brown is such a treasure. It kills me that he is second team behind Van Gundy and Jackson. Breen and Tirico are interchangeable to me.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Who could LeBron get there that would make them one of the favorites in the West? Do he and Durant have any interest in playing together?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Melo! That guy is a winner.

6. heyabbott

Stephen A could be the GM, he knows EVERYONE and can put it together

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I love this, because it means Mark Jackson always has to do the Warriors game. He has to sit there and watch the living reminder of what a godawful coach he is.

As for the Lakers... my guess is, they won't do much this offseason and they target the 2017 free agents. I'm expecting Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook to leave OKC next summer and the Lakers would have the room to take both of them.

8. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Winners win. Am I right?

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be my guess as well. If Lebron (player option for 2016-17; expected to opt out and re-sign because of rising salary cap) or Durant (expected to sign one-year deal) defy pretty much all of the conventional wisdom about their contracts and decide they want to go to LA, sure, sign them. Otherwise, you're probably giving out max money for a guy who could be an all-star, but he's probably not the best or second-best player on a championship team. (Al Horford, Mike Conley Jr. seem to be the best FA available.)

10. heyabbott

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

How the hell do you miss that call at the end of a playoff game 7? Everyone in North America saw it except the three who needed to.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And about the end of OKC-San Antonio as well ...

Draft saved Draft deleted