1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 28, 2016.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Which is funny, because I really wish the Bengals could have gotten a Rd 1 WR, like, say, Treadwell.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Bears have drafted three (projected) safeties today. Last one was a kid from William & Mary we featured recently. Nine career blocks, so he could make the team otherwise. Safety has been a mess for a decade now in Chicago, so hopefully one of these kids will pan out. They did hit on Amos last year.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Pittsburgh kid they took got rave reviews.

4. amraeder

Yeah, time will tell. Obviously they're better at their job than I would be, but I worry Boyd is too slow/unathletic - that he can't get separation the NFL level. He's tough and he is supposed to be great at winning contested catches, so, I guess that's really good - especially if you're not athletic. But I'm not sold.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Boyd is a solid receiver, but I think he is more of a No. 3 at the NFL level.

I wish the Bengals had gotten a receiver in the first, too. Then Jackson would have fallen to the Steelers. As it is, the Bengals snagged the best fit for the Steelers right before they selected twice. Billings also would have been a great fit in Pittsburgh.

6. amraeder

Yeah, agree with him being a 3. He seems like a Sanu replacement. They still need a Jones replacement.
    I do REALLY like Jackson III. But, damn, the Bengals didn't need CB. I get going best player available, but it's tough when the BPA has no real path to playing time....

7. Mr. Sunshine

Can never have too many DBs.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, they did screw the Steelers, so take solace in that.

amraeder likes this.
  9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

EVERY team needs CBs.

10. amraeder

I mean, yeah, CBs are important, but they have Jones as their CB1, and they recent first-rounders in Kirkpatrick and Dennard. So, now this is their third first-round CB in 5 years. That's a lot of resources spent on CBs.
    Eventually Jones will be gone and they'll have a solid young secondary for a long time. So that's great. But right now it's a crazy amount of CB depth and probably not the greatest use of resources.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Too bad they can't draft a coach that can win a playoff game. #couldntresist

12. Mr. Sunshine

So who is the Bengals' No. 2 WR?

Draft saved Draft deleted