1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Draft thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I hate this "logic." It's in the same vein as "They could have gotten him 10 picks later. WTF?" The draft doesn't happen in a vacuum. When a team trades up, it not only has to take into account the teams it's immediately jumping ahead of, but also the possibility that ANOTHER team wants to trade up for the player it covets.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Agree that down the road he could become a viable NFL QB. Right now they
    need Fitz.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Herm Edwards seems like your alcoholic uncle, he's better when drunk, but he's just off, slurring and slow.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He would have been playing barefoot?

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Tony Franklin was Goff's OC at Cal

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bengals get a great value with Andrew Billings in the fourth round. Quite a few mock drafts had him going late in the first round. I know there is a rumor of some knee trouble, but this was way too far for him to fall.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Billings was mocked to the Skins at 21 in a TON of predictions. He was available to the DT-needy Skins at 120 and the Skins.....traded down. Scotty Mac must really not like Billings.

Also, Billings and his agent saw him mocked at 21 for at least two months. I'm guessing Billings owes his agent a lot of cash that he probably won't have. That's a dagger.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Curious if anyone takes the bait at Jakeem Grant. Little Darren Sproles type (except faster) out of Texas Tech.
    Stupid fast.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

There were Twitter rumors about his knee not being quite right. I was hoping the Vikings would take him. Actually, every time up, the Bengals have gotten who I wanted the Vikings to take.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Billings is freakish.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

But now the Vikings take the German guy and redeem themselves! I can't wait for him to be cut after a year on the practice squad.

Draft saved Draft deleted