1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stupid question, but ... Why such hatred for Toby Keith?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Oct 30, 2006.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have a new reason to hate him.

The NASCAR race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway is officially named ...

The Crown Royal Presents The Samuel Deeds 400 At The Brickyard Powered By BigMachineRecords.com

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wow, seriously??

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So just keep calling it the Brickyard 400. I don't think Crown Royal, Samuel Deeds and Big Machine Records have a gun to anyone's head.

5. cortez

cortez Member

This is America. Everyone will have a gun to their head at some point

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Toby Keith's bar, by the way, was open for maybe 6 months in my town before closing down. I think I went twice. I wasn't surprised when it closed.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

To answer the thread starter, if I havent posted already: He sucks. As with most current country music, it's lowest common denominator shit, and he is the leader. But I havent heard about him in a few years. I don't begrudge his fortune... I just don't think he's especially talented.

Ace likes this.
  8. Larry Parrish

Larry Parrish Member

I'm not a country music fan but I am an Oklahoma fan. Yet, I cringe every time I see the TV cameras show Keith at an OU game. Think he is an annoying, obnoxious presence even though he played football for the Sooners.
    Jim Ross, on the other hand, always great to see him there on the sidelines or courtside.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I don't watch OU football but do remember Jim Ross in his UWF days basically going nuts (in a good way) about OU FOOTBALL STAR DR DEATH STEVE WILLIAMS!!!!

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the rare double-necro thread!

(Toby Keith is typical Nashville pablum, but he's not alone in that regard. At this point he's completely off my radar musically.)

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Wow, reading this thread was a trip down memory lane...

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I am very nearly a decade late to the party here, but what in the actual fuck?

Draft saved Draft deleted