1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Short video tribute for Chyna after the women's match, with highlights and some tweets of condolence from some wrestlers.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Kudos to WWE for doing a montage for Chyna, but I must admit I'm surprised.

Batman likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

For a ppv I'm pretty excited about that was a big meh of a Raw.

Nice Chyna vid. Nice vid for Zayn Owens. Rest was largely forgettable.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

So the ratings are in the toilet......my question is, do they blame AJ's main event program and bury him? Shove more McMahon's on TV ASAP and eventually put the belt on Cena?

Or stay the course?

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I wanna know everyone's take on No Way Jose.

First, he looks like he's 47.

Second, he has a dance gimmick like Fandango adjace.

Third, his signature is a baseball swing punch and his finisher is a pitcher's windup into a punch.

Is he a dancer or a baseball player? And because he's billed as from the Dominican does any of this come off as racist?

Lastly, No Way Jose's is the name of a nice little cantina in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I recommend it.

7. Bradley Guire

Ratings are down when story lines have no logic, the Women's Division is now reduced to one feud on the main show, half the featured competitors from WrestleMania are nowhere to be found and their matches had zero lasting consequences, and the main event champ is a guy who is high-fiving Make A Wish Kids while getting booed out of the building?

You don't say.

Really, I'm happy the roster is looking so fresh, and I'm intrigued with the matches. But the narratives are a mess.

Plus, the targeted demographic. What kind of numbers do they expect when the show is geared toward kids who may grow up and grow out of the product within a few years? Is it time for the product to grow up? I've really started watchin NXT again, and the difference is stark. It's not a graphic program, but it doesn't feel juvenile either. Am I way off base with this?

Baron Scicluna and sgreenwell like this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There's one guy in the main event picture who's being force-fed to fans who hate him and think he's boring, and it ain't AJ.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. Bradley Guire

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

He's there to show the world

sgreenwell likes this.