1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there not a running NHL season thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 9, 2015.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Odd year, no Canadian teams, no Original 6 left and half the teams left have never won a Cup.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't see any way.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's a damn good coach, you better have a really good replacement.

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've always liked Boudreau for turning the Ducks from a team that was always fighting for that last playoff spot to a team winning divisions and a lot of playoff rounds. But 4 years in a row. I heard tonight that they were the only team ever to lose three Game 7s in a row, and now it's four.
    I agree with JC about the replacement. It has always been my opinion that you don't fire your coach unless you have someone better already lined up (unless the coach gets caught doing something illegal). I don't know if GM Bob Murray has ever revealed this, but I think the main reason he fired Randy Carlyle is because Boudreau was available. If Boudreau hadn't been fired by Washington, Carlyle might not have been fired in Anaheim, at least at that time.
    I have no idea what will happen, but the fans were booing Corey Perry. Ryan Getzlaf took an ultra stupid penalty with 5 minutes left. Ryan Kesler was their MVP this season, in my opinion. Maybe their defense is missing a superstar. Not easy to acquire.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This, as the Capitals found out. Had to go through Dale Hunter and Adam Oates (eek) before Trotz became available. Neither one of those guys was close to an upgrade over Gabby.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Didn't Boudreau get hired by the Ducks the same day the Caps fired him?

Really really good guy and good coach but that thing around your neck gets heavier and heavier each year. If he is fired, he'll be snapped up pretty soon.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Two days later, but your point is well taken. Anaheim has a veteran room. It can't all be on Boudreau.

8. Moderator1

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Shit, it's now 2-2 and I have a cardiac condition and may have to turn this off. Not sure I can take this!

heyabbott likes this.
  10. Moderator1

#thisshitlit

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The ref 100 percent got that goal call right, but hell if I know how he even saw that cross the line.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He guessed.

Draft saved Draft deleted