1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports reporter - Louisville Courier-Journal

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MonsterLobster, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Does anyone have info on this shop (I know it's Gannett), but in terms of what high schools and how many you'll be covering? I would assume it's in the Louisville Metro proper in Indiana and probably a few outlying high schools as well.

2. There are probably about 20 high schools we cover in that corner of Indiana. Our core area is about a 30-mile radius from Louisville on that side of the river. We'll occasionally go a little further if a team is making a run or there's a big story.

3. This was filled by an internal candidate, opening up a sports web producer position that should be posted on the Gannett site soon.

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Well said position show up on sportsjournalist.com? :)

Waldo9939 likes this.
  5. I dunno, man, I've got to drive those pageviews to the Gannett job site. Just go there, turn off any ad-blocking software and hit refresh for days until it's up.

Potter likes this.
  6. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

You lost me when you said turn off my ad-blocking software

Draft saved Draft deleted