1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Alabama lege currently has a bill sponsored that would declare a fertilized egg a human being from the time of conception. Idiots will probably will pass it and the state will have one more law they knew was unconstitutional when passed to spend millions defending.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not much of a leap there from making every sperm a potential human being and charging virtually every male in the state for being a mass murder of precious sperms.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're not the first person I hear make this argument, and I don't buy it. It's a huge leap. A fertilized egg and an unfertilized sperm or unfertilized egg are differences in kind, not just degree. This is the left's version of, "People will be able to marry their dogs!"

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Name 11 things Democrats have done in the past 36 1/2 years to advance the rights of lower- and middle-class fetuses.

If you can't do it in 2 minutes, I've won the argument.

(Whatever the argument actually is.)

Hokie_pokie, dixiehack, Fly and 3 others like this.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tell it to the pope.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Only ≠ essential.

No.

You're embarrassing yourself more than usual with this.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  7. YankeeFan

Primary ≠ essential.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Update March 29 8:10 pm: The article cited in this piece said that 147 FBI agents had been detailed to the investigation, citing a lawmaker briefed by FBI Director James B. Comey. Two U.S. law enforcement officials have since told The Washington Post that that figure is too high. The FBI will not provide an exact figure, but the officials say the number of FBI personnel involved is fewer than 50. The headline has been corrected accordingly. I apologize for the error.

There are dozens of FBI agents involved in the Hillary Clinton email investigation

9. YankeeFan

Depends on the meaning of "is".

Could be that the current number "is" fewer than 50, but that 147 have been involved.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

"There are literally hundreds...a hundred...less than 50...a dozen...three...okay, you got me, Jim Jordan in a tan trench coat and houndstooth detective hat with a bubble pipe hanging out of his mouth is the only person working on the case."

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I hope she gets indicted. It's about the only thing this presidential race is missing, a good old indictment of the presumptive frontrunner.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm sure the FBI rank-and-file hates her as much as any other organization with a history and continuing pattern of blatant sexism does. So I could see quite a few of those old boys devoting extra time to this very important cause.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.