1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Final Four media honcho getting tough

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've always been a great appreciator, but I've never been able to amass the kind of collection I would have liked.

2. I'm assuming you're more a similac man?

Ace likes this.
  3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

So the whole "Just revoked a Final Four credential for posting a picture of it on social media" story could be completely made up? Why make up a story, especially when a simple reminder/warning would suffice?

• I know we're clowning. But can you imagine being the editor, who cleared a flight, hotel, & incindental for the trip to be canceled with possibly no refund.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Just taking a guess.

5. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

First line of said document: "Each individual (“Bearer”) using this credential..."

If ya don't know what a bearer is after reading that, ya don't deserve to cover the Final Four (and yes, I know you probably weren't being serious)

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

what happened.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I tend to distruct what I read on social media when you don't have specifics (like the name of the person whose credential was pulled). But in this case it would be bad form for the SID to call out the offender.

8. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Honestly couldn't the NCAA just have warned this guy. If it's his first FF and sees it as a turning point in his career or something? I mean if he were a vet of 20 years and has been to them all the time yeah, revoke it, but this seems a bit much. Could say hey dumbass, read the rules and the first one says not to post on social media. Don't do it again and the press pass will be revoked. Idk this doesn't seem like such a big deal IMO.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The same NCAA that shoots to kill if you use a non-sponsored cup?

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If it's really an insurance issue the NCAA might not have a choice.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Matt Porter

Matt Porter New Member

That was me deadpanning. Guess the joke didn't land.

Like many, I thought the PR guy's tweet was a little much.

Jake_Taylor and Mr. Sunshine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted