1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Food/restaurant rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love A1 steak sauce.
    As a child, I put that sh*t on everything. I was almost obsessive about it.

I've chilled out quite a bit with it as an adult, but I still like it on some things, including steak.

I don't put it on every steak, but I do like it on steak.

I will not be shamed for liking steak sauce.

Batman likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I put A1 on burgers, but not steak.

CD Boogie likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't a lot of places include some sort of house-made sauce with the steak?
    I'll usually eat it without sauce because I want to taste how it tastes in its "natural" state. If it's good and juicy, I'll stick with that. But I don't think it's a crime against humanity to dab it in some sauce if you want to. Eat what tastes good to you.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

One thing I've never understood is people who eat steak for breakfast. I like bacon and sausage with my eggs, but steak just seems like a texture too far, even if it's done medium rare. I've never actually had breakfast with someone who has ordered a steak, but it's always on the menu (at least down south), so someone must be ordering it. I love steak, but I love salmon and lobster, too, and I can't imagine having those for breakfast, either.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In Norway cold salmon is a breakfast staple, or it was when I was there anyhow. My Dad loved to have lamb chops with his eggs for breakfast, which Mom made two or three times a year for a special treat for him -- and us kids. Damn good.

Ace likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I do love some lox and cream cheese on a bagel. And lamb definitely sounds doable. Steak still seems a step too far, but I'll probably order it once and then have it every damn morning.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Skirt steak and eggs is fucking awesome.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Last time I was in Seattle I stumbled across a place that offered salmon hash on its breakfast menu. Fabulous!

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Lobster scrambled eggs are incredible.

CD Boogie likes this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Of all the steak sauces, A1 is the best. I also use it on burgers, not steaks. And - trust me - baked potatoes. Spilled some on one once and tried it anyway and it was quite good.

As for the steak itself, a little creamy horseradish sauce is a wonderful addition. Someone told me to try it, said they'd pay for my steak if I didn't like it. I couldn't lie. I did. I dig horseradish

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This guy agrees:

[​IMG]

Webster and Brian like this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I ordered smoked salmon for breakfast in Arkansas once and one of my tablemates thought that was the oddest thing ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted