1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Well not always but often they have critics. At least three at the one I was at.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

And no, this is not suitable for a 12-year-old. I will be taking my 15-year-old though.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, I assumed that much. Mrs. OOP asked if we could take the little one because she doesn't know much about the character, but I've been a fan since his first mini-series in 1994. I expect liberal amounts of crude nastiness.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Getting good reviews on superherohype. Come on Feb 12!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  5. outofplace

Read a few reviews today. All good. Most mentioning that it nudges very close to NC-17.

6. outofplace

Supercut of the comic book movie trailers from last night.

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Think any really stupid people believe Turkish Air offers flights to Gotham and Metropolis?

8. outofplace

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

10. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Yeah...Deadpool is pretty fucking good.

heyabbott and JRoyal like this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

@JRoyal, I'm here to eat my crow. Deadpool will assuredly be the largest February opening in history and will probably clear at least $150M domestically. Congrats, dude.

JRoyal likes this.
  12. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

This weekend has blown my expectations out of the water (and everyone's in Hollywood, who had it tracking for $50-70 million tops). Like I said before, I thought it would finish with $150, and it looks like it's going to be almost there this weekend and probably hit that before next Friday. I really thought Valentine's would keep the earnings down, but I keep hearing about couples going to see "Deadpool" for their big date. It's nuts. This movie has taken off like crazy.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted