1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making A Murderer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 30, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe it was the wrong guy, but it could have still been a benefit to society.

The guys who were executed surely weren't great guys. Many innocent lives were likely saved by killing them.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They definitely locked up the wrong Lena.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Old Tony know about this?

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm sitting through a one-hour continuing legal education class on innocence cases this afternoon. Really wish Old Tony was here with me to learn about how people might have been wrongfully convicted.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I fully understand that people might be wrongfully convicted. Stephen Avery wasn't wrongfully convicted for the murder of Teresa Halbach.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Oh, really.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Might be."

SnarkShark and franticscribe like this.
  8. franticscribe

There's no maybe about it. There have been hundreds of documented wrongful convictions, and likely thousands that are not documented. My use of "might have been" above was a sarcastic reference to your ongoing refusal to admit that there is no doubt they occur.

9. old_tony

Interesting, considering I have already said they do occur. Ask Gary Dotson about that.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is the first time you've said they "do" occur. But, to be fair, it's not your job to know.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. franticscribe

Let me refresh your recollection. In direct response to this question from Dick: "OK. But in the last 30 years, do you think that anyone in the United States has been wrongfully convicted?" You wrote the following:

And never altered that position when challenged.

12. old_tony

Why should I change that position without being presented anything to counter it? Dick was trying to trap me with the Avery rape conviction, which was actually 31 years ago, not "in the last 30 years."

Draft saved Draft deleted