1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making A Murderer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 30, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They certainly covered the incident with the cop's wife. It was part of how they painted the cops as having a grudge against him.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sometimes I feel like Devil watched the show in a different language or mistakenly viewed what was edited out instead of what was left in.

sgreenwell, SnarkShark, JC and 2 others like this.
  3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, Avery was not in jail at the time, so it makes sense that police were busy.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Watched it yet Tony?

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Devil doesn't remember it, so it doesn't count.

6. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

I'm usually against conspiracies, too many moving parts but if there's a frame job to be had, this was it.

The dna evidence on the bullet violated the labs own protocol, admittedly contaminated, yet deemed conclusive, utterly ridiculous.

Bones collected? Retrieval was so bad, haphazard with no set grid, no idea if bones were moved or not

7. YankeeFan

If the bones were moved, it would suggest someone else - like the killer -- was trying to pin this on Avery.

I don' think the cops killed her, or found and moved her bones.

So, unless someone else on the Avery property killed her, and framed Steven, I'm doubting the bones were moved. (Though, you're broader point stands. They did a poor job of retrieving the evidence.)

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Most of the real frame jobs I've studied don't have anything to do with manufacturing or tainting physical evidence, but instead with tainting witnesses or jail house informants. That's how it's actually done.

9. YankeeFan

That's how they convicted him in the earlier case.

They convinced the witness that he was the rapist.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. That's pretty typical. The procedures for things like interrogations and lineups are a lot better now, but it used to be the Wild West. I have a detective friend who hates that he has to film photo arrays and blames CPD, but that's what decades of corruption and incompetence gets you.

11. YankeeFan

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that read "10 Times in American History That Maybe The Wrong Person Was Executed, Maybe Not"

Draft saved Draft deleted