1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pet peeves

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Don't they do both? At the end of the 7th inning they get everyone gathered to do "God Bless America" then go to commercial where they do "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pineapple on pizza.

Tweener and SnarkShark like this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Cracker Jack cartel probably isn't ponying up at those stadiums.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Amen.

I love pineapple, but please keep it off my pizza.

fossywriter8 likes this.
  5. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

People taking their time at the fast food counter. Know what you want by the time you get there so the rest of us don't have to wait five minutes for you to pick your artery-clogging, heart-stopping combo meal.
    Dawdlers in the left lane. Go faster than the cars on your right or move over.
    Drivers who go 5 to 10 mpg under the speed limit, regardless of lane.
    People/coaches who yell "THREE SECONDS" or "AND ONE" on every basketball play.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A-freaking-men on the fast food and "THREE SECONDS!" guy.
    I've long believed that before they're allowed to enter an election we should require our politicians to prove they can go into a McDonald's and, without any assistance, place their order in 30 seconds or less. If you don't know what the hell you want at McDonald's, you are way too out of touch with American society to understand my problems.

"THREE SECONDS!" guy and his equally obnoxious cousin "CALL IT BOTH WAYS!" guy need to be slow roasted over an open fire. Especially when they yell that at a shitty high school basketball game where the score is 40-20 at halftime.
    The referee not "CALLING IT BOTH WAYS!" is not the reason your team is getting its ass kicked, dude.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Pen clickers.
    You have a perfectly good anus to stick your fingers if you cannot control fidgeting with them. Use it.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Whistlers.

Tone-deaf whistlers.

Tone-deaf whistlers at work.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My dogs come running when I whistle. Can we make an exception for that?

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

People who complain about tone-deaf whistlers at work :D

Tweener and amraeder like this.
  11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Lottery enthusiasts who can't decide which scratch-offs they want, or even worse, ask the clerk the numbers on the next ticket as if that makes a difference in whether they will win anything. I really wish they would build separate stores for the lottery. I get held up at least once a week by some dumbass buying tickets for something I rarely play myself.

12. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

charities & not-for-profits that sell their donors' personal info to third parties

Draft saved Draft deleted