1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How hard is it to take care of your kid?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Feb 9, 2016.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

False that a state doesn't require all support agreements to be garnished? A quick Google search and I found that's the case in Rhode Island, so I'm sure it is elsewhere. In fact, thanks to my brother, I know that's the case in many states if your child and the custodial parent are on public assistance.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I know for a fact it is not the case in Rhode Island. To wit: "There are only two exceptions to the requirement of wage withholding. First, the Court finds that there is good cause not to order wage withholding or second, that there is a written agreement which provides for a written alternative arrangement for the timely payment of child support."

So, while it may be standard procedure in Rhode Island, it is not "mandatory for every child support order."

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Of all the things to debate ... LOL

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Now you're playing semantics to be right. Dick move. Dude wasn't wrong in what he said. You were. Just because the law offers exceptions doesn't mean it doesn't also include language like "all child support orders established or modified be garnished from the non-custodial parent's income."

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Dick move? Or Dick move?

cyclingwriter2 and Gator like this.
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I read it as a Whitman reference.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm 34 and I'm clogging a toilet as I type this. But I OWN this toilet!

jr/shotglass, Huggy and Ace like this.
  8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"... the law offers exceptions ..." I am right. He was factually incorrect, so yes, he was wrong in what he said.

Dick move or not, words mean things.

9. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Rhody, hope your father-in-law will be OK. Sounds like quite the nasty wreck.
    Maybe your sister-in-law will take this incident as a clue c*nt tattoo boy shouldn't be in her life anymore, at least in his current state.
    And SnarkShark, congrats on the child! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted