1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The People vs. O.J. Simpson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SnarkShark, Feb 3, 2016.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I was thinking the same thing about the inclusion of the Kardashian kids. It's just pandering to their fame now for the sake of a "Haha!" moment for the audience. They add nothing to the story in 1994

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

In sum, I'm going to keep watching. And reserve the right to roll my eyes every eight minutes or so.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OK, I watched the pilot last night and ... I don't get the fuss. All of the dialogue is short, hackneyed and exactly what you'd expect them to say. There's no subtlety at all -- did Mark Fuhrmann really stand in the middle of the room and introduce himself by name to the other officers? I doubt that.

Maybe I paid too much attention to the whole thing 20 years -- OK I definitely paid too much attention -- but I don't feel like they're putting any spin on it or adding anything new.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He knew he was going to be charged with a murder his son had committed, and that they had evidence of him being at the scene of the crime. So how do you explain that evidence without giving up your son? Maybe he got a cut from getting in a fight with his son after seeing what he'd done. Him being late to the limo, it was maybe bc he was with his son and trying to get rid of the murder weapon, which they never found.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybe the moon landing was staged. Maybe 9-11 was an inside job.

LongTimeListener and JackReacher like this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm not a conspiracy type of person, but the case against Jason Simpson is pretty compelling. Even that so-called take down of Dear that Steak posted had more to do with the timeline and O.J.'s blood. I think he could have bled at the scene, sure. It's just the cumulative things that point at Jason -- the knife training he received in the army, the knives he always carried with him, the knit hat they found directly matched a knit hat he's been photographed in. O.J. is gonna just grab a knife from somewhere and go barge over to his ex-wife's house -- where his kids are -- and stab her to death? That seems less plausible than a mentally unstable alcoholic who had once assaulted a co-worker with a knife grabbing a knife from his backseat and stabbing two people to death bc he'd felt slighted.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, what does AC have to say about this theory? Has he ever said one peep about any of it?

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Well, O.J. Simpson was involved in the staging of a Mars landing ...

Capricorn One (1978) - IMDb

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

OJ Simpson might have been the most narcissistic, arrogant, selfish man in the world at that time.

He would have sold out his own mother to get himself off the hook.

Tweener likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

EDIT: Lantaur beat me to it.

[​IMG]

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

AC has kept his mouth shut since the Bronco ride, right?

OJ did it, that's the most likely explanation. He probably has CTE and could go from everybody's favorite guy to murderous like that. BUT if his defense had made a case that he only helped Jason cover it up I could see there being reasonable doubt in the jury's mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted