1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another blow to Hillary Clinton's campaign

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sure. It cums on all the time.

BDC99 likes this.
  2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That's one way to get on the map!

Batman likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Channel 69 on Comcast.

Batman likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When there's nothing left on, after you've gone through the requisite 600 channels, The Food Network is the default channel in our house

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A girl who was a couple grades behind me in school was on one of those reality shows where a bunch of women try to impress a rich guy. She wasn't exactly the most attractive girl in school, but years later, she looked quite stunning.

Batman likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Determination, plastic surgery and a big budget fixes a lot of flaws.

The guy I mentioned who was on a couple of shows, I covered when he was in high school. Decent football and baseball player. Played some juco football. Then he went into the army and became a Ranger before transitioning into his reality TV stardom and an MMA career.
    He was on Tough Enough and The Ultimate Fighter, and a couple of VH1 shows.
    Dude has lived an interesting life.

The other guy was on Biggest Loser. He still looks good and seems to be sticking to it. He shows up at all the 5K races and blends in, although people know him, and it's weird to see his name pop up in the results. At the last one I shot his picture as a random face in the crowd and had no idea who he was until he told me his name.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I watch Bar Rescue. The wife likes it, but no so much that I don't mind watching it on the DVR if she's at work.

We watched the Profit until Marcus tried to pay me pennies on the dollar on $1,950 he owed me.

Thankfully he was promoting the new season of his show at the time and I told his CFO I wouldn't accept that, and would go the wall over it. I got my money.

But the wife hates him now.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Don't you think its fake? ("Bar Rescue.")

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Based on a true story...

It's definitely not all real.

House Hunters isn't real either, but I can still enjoy it.

10. Baron Scicluna

There was one episode of House Hunters that annoyed the living shit out of me. The couple was having this intense debate over two houses and the husband was whining over how the house he wanted was a 10-minute drive to his job while the house his wife wanted was a 15-minute drive to his job.

It's a good thing I don't keep a stack of bricks near my recliner.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I saw a House Hunter last night that pissed me off to no end. Nothing made sense. They were moving out of Philly to the suburbs. She wanted a colonial and he wanted either a split-level or a townhouse. Both agreed they didn't want hardwood floors, loved carpet, and hated open floor plans. She hated fireplaces enough to be a dealbreaker, yet the first two places had one. Their priorities were so screwy. Plus, they gushed over these awful looking columns that were for some reason placed in the dining room of one of the houses. Either they were being trolled or their priorities were picked or overemphasized by the show.

I didn't watch the end to find out what they chose.

12. Baron Scicluna

I have seen a couple of episodes where the couple ends up not buying anything, so that could have been possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted