1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015-16 NBA Thread (feat. the Wives)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 8, 2015.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Prediction: He finishes season, gets the boot and Kings join the Walton sweepstakes.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would be shocked if Luke Walton wants to work for Ranadive. No, the Kings are headed toward a decade of hiring only those coaches who can't be hired anywhere else.

There's a movement to oust the owner. If that movement fails, Sacramento is going to wish the Kings had left.

There’s nothing healthy about Kings situation

3. HanSenSE

They are your father's Clippers. Or Chris Cohen's Warriors.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ranadive is 100 times better than Cohan. He's got passion and for that I'd be willing to be more patient. (BTW on of my acquaintances is a minority owner, but cannot oust him.) He's still learning, but how much learning can you do when you're stuck with Cousins? Its not like the Kings are stocked with talent or were ever stocked. I thought they were on the right track with Malone but they let him go. Corbin is/was a disaster and so was Smart. Karl, not sure why they went that way but he's better than Shaw, Mitchell, among a few others. There's no way Walton's going that way, not once you see Ranadive pick Stauskus (in that video, the crowd-sourced consultants wanted Elfred Payton, how good would he look in a Kings uni now?) The Kings have just done a horrible job of personnel, Jimmer, McClemore, letting Thomas go, signing Gay to a huge K. They need time.

5. LongTimeListener

Sorry, but Ranadive is horrible. A complete idiot when it comes to basketball, which is compounded by the fact that he wears the Smartest Guy In The Room hat.

Nobody will ever notice because it's only Sacramento, but the Kings won't ever get to .500 with him there.

And as for patience, you might want to check his history with coaches.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Karl signed on because the GM was with him in Denver, then the GM went back to Denver six months later. The Vlade GM hire was...surprising. That they suck is kind of a blessing. Figure they can get someone to pair with Cousins and be decent at least. It's not hard to be terrible in the NBA, what does take effort is being worse than everyone else.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

4th in scoring 4th in rebounding. Horrible to be stuck with.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Rockets hanging tough against Dubs, but Warriors hit back-to-back 3s and just like that are up by six to start the fourth.

9. HanSenSE

Cousins needs to be part of the solution instead of creating problems with his selfish play and losing his temper. And the owner needs to let Vlade and Karl make basketball decisions.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think I'm not alone in saying I've never had more fun watching a team I don't traditionally pull for; the Dubs are just so fucking fun to watch.

And this:

So far, nothing opponents do is working. It's been 10 games since the Warriors trailed at any point in a fourth quarter.

Warriors already in a playoff crucible

11. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yes, poor guy, having to be "stuck" with the League's best center and the only player keeping his bad team from being a horrendous team. But, yeah, HE'S their problem.

Ranadive is damn lucky to have one superstar caliber player on his sad sack franchise, even with the warts. Just wait til he has none.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    JC and LongTimeListener like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

How's this for being spoiled: After three quarters it was 93-93, and I got excited because we were going to see Curry take over down the stretch. By the time he got back in after his customary four-minute break, the Warriors led by 12 and he didn't have to do much of anything.

It was a letdown.

sgreenwell and TigerVols like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted