1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another blow to Hillary Clinton's campaign

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I can't see those shows without thinking about this. It was funny at the time. Now it seems brilliant.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Loved that commercial. First time I saw it, I actually thought it was a reality show commercial until the very end.

Batman likes this.
  3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Life Below Zero FTW.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"Bad reality" television is redundant.

5. old_tony

I told him the same thing in a PM. I admire his courage.

TyWebb likes this.
  6. old_tony

I used to record it, but they haven't had new ones on in a long time now.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fun fact: My wife appeared on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and was quoted on the show two or three seasons ago when they featured the restaurant where we met as teenagers.

Chopped is a fun show, but Top Chef is where it's at. Beat Bobby Flay is pretty awesome as well.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No one is going to remember that Hillary Clinton used Lena Dunham to try to close with young people in Iowa and New Hampshire. But it is so indicative of her complete inability to figure out how to relate to that demographic that it's a seminal moment in the campaign so far, to me.

9. bigpern23

My wife loves Real Houswives (Beverly Hills and New York, none of the others) and Vanderpump. I occasionally watch Vanderpump with her, which can be mildly entertaining, but I doubt I'd ever put it on if she weren't watching it already. She loves the Bravo reality shows. I enjoy Below Deck (about deckhands on a luxury yacht), but it's total trash.

Reality shows I watch because of my wife:
    Chopped
    Top Chef
    Masterchef
    Real Housewives
    Vanderpump
    Below Deck
    The Bachelor
    Million Dollar Listing New York
    Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles

Reality shows we watch because I like them:
    Deadliest Catch
    Flip or Flop
    Fixer Upper
    Property Brothers
    The Vanilla Ice Project
    Rehab Addict
    Income Property
    Survivor

10. bigpern23

Dick, you're getting off track. What trashy reality shows do you hate to admit you watch?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I genuinely don't watch any reality shows, I don't think. I watched one season of "Survivor" the first year my wife and I were dating, because she liked it. It's mostly total chaos at night at our place. I watch sports, election coverage, and movies. And cartoons. When "Mad Men" ended, so did our television viewing. She watches a couple of trashy soaps and, I think, the show where they compete to be fashion designers.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Really shocked no one has mentioned Bar Rescue yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted