1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

fixed

schiezainc likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was thinking that, too. Like he'd say, "I'm retiring for long-term health concerns -- but I have one and ONLY one match left in me, so let's do it Deadman."

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kept waiting for something to happen, because I still held out hope it was a swerve.

That is at least the fourth time I've cried over something that happened in the WWE: Edge's retirement, HBK's retirement, Taker losing to Brock and now Bryan's retirement speech.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You cried when Lesnar beat Undertaker?

schiezainc likes this.
  5. KYSportsWriter

The end of the Streak? Yeah, a bit.

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Enough emotion over Daniel Bryan.

I got one word for you: 5318008.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sorry, one more emotion about D-Bry:

[​IMG]

JRoyal and KYSportsWriter like this.
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Interesting. I guess I kinda felt like it was more of a shocking, WTF thing and not an emotional thing. If I was a hardcore fan, I'd probably have been too damn frozen in shock (more than I already was anyway) to cry.

Bryan's thing last night was pretty emotional for sure, though.

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Especially when he was talking about the cancer charity, Conor the Crusher and having his own kids with Brie.

10. KYSportsWriter

I guess it's different for someone like me, who's been watching wrestling since he was a kid and grew up as the Undertaker's character developed and the Streak became legendary.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was more in the "Holy shit!" mode when Taker lost to Lesnar, especially since it felt like it was out of the blue.

While I didn't shed tears, I did feel very sad when Paul Bearer died. That was more of a loss of my childhood than the streak ending.

12. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I'm not sure an angle will ever make me shed tears. Can't think of any time it has. It's the real stuff, like Piper's death, the Conner videos, and Bryan's speech, that gets to me.

With Bryan, I feel for the guy. He's been told he's done with the thing that he loved most. I went through a bit of that a few years ago. As much as work can be frustrating and I know it can't be the only thing in life, and it's not, once I lost that I was fucking lost. I didn't know who I was or who I was supposed to be. Thankfully, I figured it out. Then I got back to what I loved. But if it happens again, it won't hit me nearly as hard because it's no so tied into my identity. I hope Bryan figures out something so that he doesn't have define himself by something he can't be anymore.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted