1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but even with having him go on last, it seems like they're putting out a better effort tonight than the usual stuff. We're getting a tables match, some very good Ambrose/Lesnar interaction and excellent stuff with Jericho, Miz and Styles. The show's been, dare I say, quite entertaining.

2. Baron Scicluna

A Dudleys heel turn. Excellent.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

My god, this is beautiful.

Thank you, Daniel Bryan.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

And even with my DVR set to record 15 minutes long, it cut off in the middle of Bryan. NO! NO! NO! NO!

5. Baron Scicluna

What a great goodbye. I'm depressed as hell, but he did very well in keeping the crowd from getting sad.

And they did show more afterward on the Network, with Vince, Trips, Stef and all the wrestlers coming out on the stage and doing the Yes chant.

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Just watched the stuff on the Network. That was awesome. I think he would've high-fived every fan in the stands if he could have.

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

This is only the second time wrestling has brought me to tears. The stuff about his dad ... "Niagra Falls, Frankie."

I'm incredibly sad, but I'm happy he's doing what's best for his family and long-term health.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Daniel Bryan such a class act.

Although, I kept waiting for the Undertaker's music to hit and have them work some kind of angle that way.

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Would've at least liked some of the guys in the back to come down and say a few words. Kane in particular.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

With Dr. Shelby...."Hug it out...hug it out...."

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I would've liked to see the locker room come out and given him the hero's send off and Kevin Owens beat the hell out of him as a "See you later Daniel!" nuclear heat moment.

12. Baron Scicluna

Would have liked Vince come down, tell him that he can't retire, because "he's FIRRED!", only to have Bryan put him in the Yes Lock. Then Trips tries to make the save and eats a running knee, and Brie comes in to KO Stef.

Draft saved Draft deleted