1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"The fuq u say?"

doctorquant likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He's the guy in the GOP field who best fits the old "love to have a beer with" trope. He speaks middle class.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You'd want to have a beer with a loudmouth fatass asshole?

He'd fart while you were eating dinner, then steal the last piece of pizza off your plate.

5. cranberry

I think Christie is a jerk whose record in New Jersey is horrendous. I'm just explaining where he fits into the GOP spectrum of clowns.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

America has a real obsession with people who boss others around. Christie, Trump, that asshole on Bar Rescue. It's like we have a yelling fetish.

7. cranberry

My theory is that a lot of Americans, particularly Republicans, gravitate to authoritarian daddy figures.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's part of it. But with Christie, that's not exactly it. More than almost any other polished politician, I feel like he's having a conversation, not just stumping. I know he was bullying Rubio with the "boy in the bubble" stuff, and I'm sure it was probably rehearsed to a degree, but it was riveting to watch. We talk about "good quotes" among coaches and athletes. That guy is a great quote. I'm sure he was outstanding in the courtroom. He thinks on his feet and he's clearly extremely comfortable taking reporters' questions.

Stoney and cranberry like this.
  9. cranberry

I agree completely. He's as extemporaneously gifted a candidate as we have in this election.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And that's why Christie was the perfect guy to finally call out Rubio's habit of falling back on empty memorized speeches, he's the guy in that group most capable of not doing that. The "and there it is" line when Rubio started to once again launch into his memorized pattern was fantastically delivered. Precisely the right dig at precisely the right moment.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's going to be hard as hell for Rubio to shed this idea that he's essentially a Manchurian candidate now. I don't know who the hell the establishment candidate will be if he gets waxed tonight. Someone asked why Bush is still in it, and I asked the same thing a few days ago. But there's a bubbling comeback narrative surrounding him right now.

Trump is going to win tonight and neither Cruz or Rubio are going to finish second. That's a great night for Trump.

SFIND likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This would make a great, and sad, campaign commercial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.