1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015-16 NBA Thread (feat. the Wives)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's probably true. I was just thinking in terms of whether Walton would go for it or if he'd opt for a place that would let him run the system he learned under Kerr. Now he may want to run the triangle and will jump on it faster than Cam Newton jumped away from the loose ball.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Agreed. Knicks tried motion offense with D'Antoni and we know how well that worked.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not sure I want to start some long-winded Xs and Os debate, but I don't quite get how anyone would label what D'Antoni runs as the "motion offense." It might be a fast break offense, yes, but in terms of its core principles, it's completely different from what I've always understood to be the motion offense.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Luke Walton would rather take on the Lakers when Jim Buss has to give way to Jeannie. Better to stay with the Warriors (and be insurance if Kerr's back situation comes back) than jump to a lousy job, with a bad owner/front office and few pieces in place to compete.

6. HanSenSE

From multiple sources on the Twitterez, George Karl soon to be available.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

$15 mil for a year of work, not bad. That Kings owner is some kind of messed up.

8. HanSenSE

Biggest circus in town even when the legislature is in session. Gave up a piece of the Warriors to buy the team from the Maloofs and wanted to can him in the off-season. Newbie will be fourth coach in two seasons. All this and a new arena next season

9. LongTimeListener

That's a great operation they have going there.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Isn't this the second time they've done this same "dramatic" about face? I seem to recall another week of "Kings To Fire Karl ....Wait, no they changed their mind..." headlines not all that long ago.

11. HanSenSE

12. LongTimeListener

From Stein's story:

Karl has an estimated $10 million in guaranteed money left on his original four-year, $15 million contract with the Kings. He nearly lost his job in November after a much-publicized blowup with center DeMarcus Cousins, but one source insisted Monday that the dispute was "the result of frustration over a lack of coaching."

Karl must REALLY love coaching, because he's 63 years old guiding a team headed nowhere and they're begging him to take the $10 million and go.

Draft saved Draft deleted